Yoga blocks are a versatile and essential tool for yoga practitioners of all levels. They are used to provide support, stability, and balance to enhance yoga poses and stretches. Yoga blocks are made from various materials, including cork, foam, and bamboo, and come in different shapes and sizes.
When choosing the best yoga blocks, a few critical factors must be considered.
The first is the material of the block. Cork blocks are eco-friendly and durable, while foam blocks are lightweight and easy to grip. Bamboo blocks are sturdy and have a natural look and feel. The second factor is the size of the block. A standard-size block is 9 inches by 6 inches by 4 inches, but larger and smaller sizes are available. The third factor is the density of the block. A denser block provides more support, while a less dense block is more comfortable to use.
We spent hours researching and testing ten different yoga blocks to identify the ones that provide the best support, stability, and comfort for yoga practitioners.
This article will share our top picks for the best yoga blocks on the market.
Best Yoga Blocks
We all know that yoga is a great way to improve flexibility, strength, and balance. However, sometimes it can be difficult to achieve certain poses due to limited flexibility or injuries. This is where yoga blocks come in handy. They provide the necessary support and stability to help you deepen your stretches and achieve those tricky poses. In this article, we have rounded up the best yoga blocks on the market to help you take your yoga practice to the next level.
Gaiam Essentials Yoga Block (Set Of 2)
We highly recommend the Gaiam Essentials Yoga Block (Set Of 2) for those seeking stability and balance in their yoga practice.
- Provides stability and balance for optimal alignment and deeper poses
- Durable and supportive foam with a nonslip surface and beveled edges for easy gripping
- Ideal for extending and deepening stretches and increasing the range of motion
- May be too soft for those seeking a firmer block
- Some users may prefer cork blocks for a more eco-friendly option
- Dimensions may not be suitable for all users
The Gaiam Essentials Yoga Block (Set Of 2) is a must-have for those looking to improve their yoga practice. The foam material is both durable and supportive, with a nonslip surface and beveled edges for easy gripping. We found that these blocks provided the stability and balance needed for optimal alignment and deeper poses. They are also important in extending and deepening stretches while increasing the range of motion.
While some users may prefer a firmer block, we found that the softness of the Gaiam Essentials Yoga Block was perfect for our needs. However, those seeking a more eco-friendly option may want to consider cork blocks instead. Additionally, the block’s dimensions may not be suitable for all users, so it is important to consider that before purchasing.
Overall, we highly recommend the Gaiam Essentials Yoga Block (Set Of 2) for anyone looking to improve their yoga practice. They are a great investment and will surely enhance your yoga experience.
URBNFit Yoga Blocks 2 Pack
If you’re looking for a versatile yoga block set that’s perfect for any fitness level, the URBNFit Yoga Blocks 2 Pack might be the perfect fit for you.
- The high-density foam blocks provide complete support and help enhance strength, improve stability, and deepen stretches.
- The beveled edges of the pink yoga block provide comfort and make these essentials for any yogi hitting the mat, whether they are beginners or advanced.
- The yoga blocks and strap set help elongate stretching and ensure proper posture alignment.
- The blocks measure 3” x 6” x 9”, which might be smaller than some yogis prefer.
- The cotton yoga strap might not be as durable as some other materials.
- The teal color might not be everyone’s preference.
We’ve been using the URBNFit Yoga Blocks 2 Pack for a few weeks now, and we’ve been impressed with their performance. The high-density foam blocks are dense and sturdy, providing complete support when we need it most. We’ve noticed an improvement in our strength and stability, and the blocks have helped us deepen our stretches.
The beveled edges of the pink yoga block provide extra comfort during our practice, and we’ve found that they’re essential for any yogi, whether they’re beginners or more advanced. The blocks and strap set help us elongate our stretching and ensure proper posture alignment, which has been great for our overall practice.
While the blocks measure 3” x 6” x 9”, which might be smaller than some yogis prefer, we’ve found them to be the perfect size for our needs. The cotton yoga strap is soft and comfortable, but we do worry about its durability over time. Finally, while the teal color might not be everyone’s preference, we think it’s a nice touch.
Overall, we highly recommend the URBNFit Yoga Blocks 2 Pack for anyone looking for a versatile and effective yoga block set.
Volcano Cork Yoga Blocks 2 Pack Set
If you’re looking for durable and sturdy yoga blocks, then the Volcano Cork Yoga Blocks 2 Pack Set is a great investment for your yoga practice.
- The non-slip surface provides odor-resistant and ventilation keeps your hands dry and comfortable.
- Designed with round edges for easy grip, you always retain maximum control.
- The yoga cork block provides the stability and balance needed in your practice to help with optimal alignment, deepen poses, and increase your stretches.
- They are a bit heavier than foam blocks, so they might not be as portable.
- They are more expensive than foam blocks, but the quality is worth it.
- They don’t have any logos, so they might not look as stylish as other yoga blocks.
We’ve used these yoga blocks for a while now and found that they are very durable and sturdy. The natural cork from Portugal is eco-friendly and high-quality, which makes the blocks resistant to high temperatures. We also appreciate that the blocks are odor-resistant and moisture-proof, which makes them easy to clean.
The non-slip surface of the blocks is great for keeping your hands dry and comfortable during your yoga practice, and the round edges provide easy grip and maximum control. We’ve also found that the blocks provide the stability and balance needed in our practice to help with optimal alignment, deepen poses, and increase our stretches.
The Volcano Cork Yoga Blocks 2 Pack Set comes with a 180-day warranty period, and the company provides a replacement or refund for all products within this time frame. If you’re looking for high-quality yoga blocks that will last you a long time, then we highly recommend the Volcano Cork Yoga Blocks 2 Pack Set.
Gaiam Essentials Yoga Block 2 Pack & Yoga Strap Set
If you’re looking for a yoga block that provides stability and balance, the Gaiam Essentials Yoga Block 2 Pack & Yoga Strap Set is a great option.
- The foam material is durable and supportive, with a nonslip surface and beveled edges for easy gripping.
- The blocks are lightweight and easy to use and can be used under hands, feet, or seat to ensure proper alignment.
- The set includes an 8ft strap that can extend and deepen stretches, with an easy-release D-ring metal buckle that securely holds the strap in place.
- Some users may find the strap to be too long for their needs.
- The blocks may have a slight odor when first opened, but this dissipates quickly.
- The blocks may not be suitable for larger individuals, as they are on the smaller side.
We found the Gaiam Essentials Yoga Block 2 Pack & Yoga Strap Set to be a great addition to our yoga practice. The foam material is durable and supportive, with a nonslip surface and beveled edges that make it easy to grip and use. The blocks are lightweight and easy to move around, and can be used under hands, feet, or seat to ensure proper alignment and support during poses.
The included strap is also a great addition, allowing us to extend and deepen our stretches and work on increasing our range of motion. The strap is easy to use, with an easy-release D-ring metal buckle that holds it securely in place. While some users may find the strap too long for their needs, we found it to be a great length for various poses.
One minor issue we encountered was a slight odor when we first opened the blocks, but this dissipated quickly and didn’t affect our practice. Additionally, while the blocks are a great size for most users, larger individuals may find them to be on the smaller side.
Overall, we would definitely recommend the Gaiam Essentials Yoga Block 2 Pack & Yoga Strap Set to anyone looking for a high-quality yoga block and strap combo.
When it comes to buying yoga blocks, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure you get the best product for your needs. Here are some features to consider when choosing the right yoga block:
Yoga blocks can be made from a variety of materials, including foam, cork, and bamboo. Each material has its own unique benefits and drawbacks. Foam blocks are lightweight and affordable but may not be as durable as other materials. Cork blocks are eco-friendly and provide a sturdy surface, but they can be heavier and more expensive. Bamboo blocks are also eco-friendly and provide a natural grip, but they may not be as durable as cork.
Yoga blocks come in different sizes, including small, medium, and large. Your size will depend on your preference and the type of yoga you practice. Smaller blocks are easier to handle and may be better for those with smaller hands. Larger blocks provide more support and stability but can be heavier and more difficult to maneuver.
Yoga blocks come in different shapes, including rectangular, square, and rounded. The shape you choose will depend on your personal preference and the type of yoga you practice. Rectangular blocks are the most common, providing a stable surface for standing poses. Square blocks are similar to rectangular blocks, but they offer more surface area for support. Rounded blocks are designed to provide a more natural grip and can be used for a variety of poses.
Yoga blocks come in different densities: soft, medium, and firm. The density you choose will depend on your personal preference and the type of yoga you practice. Soft blocks are more comfortable to use, but they may not provide enough support for some poses. Firm blocks provide more support and stability but can be less comfortable to use.